If you are worried after unprotected sex, regarding the complications of STD, then it is always wise to do an immediately search for a good and confidential STD testing centre and get yourself out of all the anxiety. If you want to test yourself for STD testing in San Antonio, the internet is the best place. Just do a Google search to find the best local testing centres.
The facts found in the site http://ldh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/page/919 gives us an insight into more details regarding STD and the preventive measures undertaken. Let us discuss regarding the different types of STDs found and their complications if left untreated. It gives you a better insight on why you should be testing yourself.
1. The HPV (Human papilloma virus) is the main cause of cervical cancer in. Once the virus is contracted there is no cure. A vaccine has been developed to prevent the infection.
2. Hepatitis is a very deadly and incurable disease which affects many people. The symptoms for hepatitis start to show very late. Hepatitis A and C are also spread through unprotected sex. A vaccine for Hepatitis B is available.
3. HIV or rather called as AIDS is one of the dreaded diseases everyone is scared about when they think of STDs. There is no cure for AIDS till date, and this disease is a real silent killer. The symptoms for HIV is also seen after many years, but by then it becomes very late and people don’t realise that they are the carriers of HIV. You have to get yourself tested for HIV, so that you don’t spread it to others, if you have multiple sex partners, then it is very dangerous. This way you can help preventing the infection spreading to others.
4. The other type of STD which has no cure is the Herpes virus. They develop symptoms such as sores and blisters that reappear very often. For genital herpes treatment can be undertaken and STD tests should be done to stop the spread to others.
5. If syphilis is detected at an early stage by STD testing, it can be treated and cured as well. If not tested at an early stage and treated faster, the complications are high. It can affect the nervous system and brain, triggering death also.
6. Some of the common infections like trichomoniasis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and pubic lice are curable if detected at an early stage. These can be mistaken for yeast infection, so it always advisable to do the STD testing to rule out any complications at a later stage. If left untreated they can cause damage to the reproductive system in women.
Most of the times we think the symptoms of STDs are normal, so we don’t test ourselves. Fever, sore throat, extreme weakness, loss of sleep and loss of appetite are quite common but can also be symptoms to STD. Always be careful, as we all know prevention is better than cure, so be sure to get yourself tested at an early stage for STD.